Serious Cryptography: A Practical Introduction to Modern Encryption
$49.95 (as of June 20, 2018, 11:02 am) & FREE Shipping. Details
This practical guide to modern encryption breaks down the fundamental mathematical concepts at the heart of cryptography without shying away from meaty discussions of how they work. You’ll learn about authenticated encryption, protected randomness, hash functions, block ciphers, and public-key techniques such as RSA and elliptic curve cryptography.
You’ll also learn:
– Key concepts in cryptography, such as computational security, attacker models, and forward secrecy
– The strengths and limitations of the TLS protocol at the back of HTTPS protected websites
– Quantum computation and post-quantum cryptography
– About quite a lot of vulnerabilities by examining a lot of code examples and use cases
– How to select the most productive algorithm or protocol and ask vendors the right questions
Each chapter includes a discussion of common implementation mistakes the use of real-world examples and details what could go unsuitable and how to keep away from these pitfalls.
Whether you’re a seasoned practitioner or a beginner having a look to dive into the field, Serious Cryptography will provide a complete survey of modern encryption and its applications.